Monday, July 27, 2009

Kirk's "Flying the American Flag" topic on WMAY this morning.

I wish I was able to call in and talk about flying the American Flag. I'm a veteran.

I flew the American flag back when I had a house. I got my house through Veteran's benefits back in 1994. I was at the height of my career producing graphics and video for a cable advertising company. Then in June of 2001 I was laid off. The company was changing hands and they didn't need me anymore.

I found work at Lowes, but it didn't pay enough for me to be able to keep the house. I finally had to sell my house, move back to Springfield, Illinois and move in with my mother in 2003.

Ever since, I've never been able to trust any of my employers, and I've never been able to get a job that pays a living wage in this country.

If I ever land a job that pays enough for me to afford a house, I'll never fly the American Flag again.

No comments: