Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Apology to Congressman Joe Wilson


I was with everyone else when Congressman Joe Wilson of South Carolina yelled out "You Lie!" during President Barack Obama's speech before a joint session of congress. I think it was a state of the union address, but I'm not anymore willing to waste the effort to verify exactly what address it was or when. It just doesn't matter anymore. Gitmo is still open, extraordinary rendition is still going on, and U.S. citizens are being officially targeted for assassination by our government. Judging from that, Total Information Awareness was probably dusted off and reinstated, warrantless wiretapping may be rampant, and who knows what else. In any case, I don't believe that any of the campaign promises have been fulfilled yet. I'm still waiting for change.

I must apologize to Joe Wilson because I was too quick to cast aspersions on his reaction during the event. I think everyone else should apologize as well because his reaction was prophetic.

No comments: